Friday 5 June 2015

Dealing with anxiety | How blogging has helped me.

Good morning you lovely people...
 
Today's topic is very different to my usual beauty posts. I decided that its time I got a bit more personal with you guys.. I adore all my blogging pals and followers so much, you all gave me such a warm welcome when I decided to start my blogging journey, and people may not realise that its a scary and intimidating situation being a blogger and competing with some of the most talented writers, which is why I wanted to share my anxiety story with you all because it links in with my blogging tremendously, so here we go...
 
I have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember, however, I never wanted to accept the fact I had anxiety until this year when I decided to make it my new years resolution to get some help and it was the best decision I've ever made. Only a few people in my life know about this issue, but you guys are so important to me, I wanted to open up about something that a lot of people go through.
I came to blogging as I am totally obsessed with YouTube beauty guru's, but with anxiety, being in front of a camera and audience wasn't possible, so I came up with the idea of blogging, it sounded like the perfect opportunity to show off my talent but not have to deal with the stress of being on camera.
 
I created my blog two years ago, just to give me something to do in my spare time, but two years later its turned into my biggest passion and its all down to my social media friends and amazing companies which gave me (a newbie blogger) the chance to prove myself.
 
When you struggle with serious anxiety, you can feel like the whole world is against you and that your not worthy of being successful and happy, its just as bad as an addiction, I call it an addiction to failure, which is why my blog fits in so well with this topic.
Knowing that people are interested in what I do and say, gives me so much confidence, you wouldn't believe!
Getting such positive feedback and comments boosts my confidence every time, not just online but in the real world, for example; with the beauty experience I gained through blogging, I got an amazing job as an apprentice at a health & beauty store and that's all because I believed I was good enough.
 
Last but most certainly not least, I want to thank all the companies and brands which over these past two years have made my journey so much fun. Without the amazing companies that have supported me, I wouldn't be writing this today, I would have simply deleted my account, but you all made it possible. So THANKYOUUUUUUUU!!
 
I just wanted to take an hour or so out of my day to write this piece for you all as a way of saying thank you, for the support, love and time you take out of your day to read my work, it means the absolute world to me. Your all like a brand new family I've gained and to share a piece of my personal life with you seems acceptable now.
 
I would love to hear from anyone else (whether your a blogger or just happened to stumble across my blog) who also may struggle with anxiety, it would be great to get to know some people in the same situation as me and help each other out, as well as making some new friendships.
If anybody would like a chat, feel free to email me: beauty-spot-olivia@outlook.com or drop me a tweet/DM at beautyspotliv

Thankyou for reading, have an amazing weekend and I shall speak to you all very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment