Thursday 10 April 2014

Hair chalks a waste of money?

Have you ever wondered what it's like to try out the latest hair craze, hair chalks? That feeling of trying out all the latest bright colours but being able to wash it out at the end of the day, well look no further, BUT are they really worth the money you pay? 

I had been looking around on youtube for a while for the best hair chalks but then I came across an awesome and cheap idea which I tried out for myself, this was to use normal chalks that you would draw with and I was very skeptical at first but I realised what a great idea it was in the end. 

So here is the final look, remember I only used artist chalk which cost me about £2.99 for a pack of 16 which included various colours.. (Bought from the works). 

                     
I have tried the pink look out before but I much prefer the blue as it's more edgy and different to anything I've tried before, this colour was done using a medium blue chalk which I just ran up and down my hair. At first it looks abit all over the place but after you brush it through it will blend in looking just like you used hair chalk or a dye even, if it is to dry then wash your hair after but this may make the colour lighter or even wash out fully. 

For an individual hair chalk it can cost around £8 from a decent brand but don't be fooled by the brands and pretty packaging, unless you are willing to pay more then go for it but for someone like me who doesn't like to waste money on products I may not like I go for the cheap option first and in this case I will be sticking to the cheap option.

I hope this made some of you think and want to have a go at this, please give it a to go it's so easy but I will say that if you put a lot of chalk in it may take a few days to wash out completely which is why I do it mainly in the holidays to give my hair time to wash out the colour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment