Monday 28 July 2014

Pond's Institute | Review

Good Morning, Its been such a busy blogging week (review-wise) for me, I'm trying to keep up with everything, therefore this post is a little overdue, I do apologise for that. However I am very excited to talk about this brand which I recently discovered. I came across the brand 'Pond's Institute' when I was emailed by a lovely lady called Steph, who asked me whether I would be interested in testing out two recommended Pond products, and of course I couldn't say no!
 
One really interesting fact about this brand is that they have been around since 1907, which is crazy to think that these products go back so many years, and are basically a part of history! This made me even more eager to check out this brand.
I did a bit of research on other blogs whilst I waited for my products to arrive, and so many people had been buzzing about these products, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on them myself.
 
The two products I were sent was the Eye Contour Cream and the Cold Cream which is for the face, want to know what I thought of these products, then keep reading..
 

The packaging is very pretty, but quite simple at the same time. I find packaging important as it makes a product look more appealing, and in this case that's exactly what it did. The very pale pink shades on the packaging shows femininity, and you could agree that it advertises this brand as a brand for women.
 

 
 Eye Contouring Cream
I really enjoyed trying this product out for multiple reasons, one being that my eyes always look very puffy in a morning and I have been looking for a product for a long time which just focuses around the eyes, are surely enough I found one. Secondly I have tried so many face products out before and it was nice to be able to do something a little different that doesn't focus on the whole face, but just a section.
I found this cream very refreshing once applied around my eyes, you leave this cream on and apply it in the morning and night, I would have thought with having to leave the product on all day that it would feel heavy on my skin, but it did the complete opposite, I couldn't feel the product at all. I have been using this product since I got it about 3 weeks ago, but on and off, I need to start using it everyday in order to see results. The cream comes in quite a large tube and for me I only needed less than a pea sized amount for each eye, therefore this product will defiantly last long and you will get your moneys worth! It is also suitable for all skin types which is a bonus!
I would give this product a 7/10 as I haven't tried it long enough to see results but I really like it as a way of making my eyes feel refreshed and awake!
 

Cold Cream
This cream is okay, I'm not really digging the smell of it if I'm honest, I will know straight away if I like a scent or not, and unfortunately this was a no no for me! I cant describe the smell. Its not the worst scent I've smelt but if I smell something and I don't like it, I tend to get either a headache or the smell stays with me all day and it irritates me. This is nothing against the brand or the product, I am very very fussy with scents, so much that once, I went out for the day with my family and I bought a bottle of water from a cheese/meat shop and when I got to drink it, I could smell this horrible scent on it, and had to chuck it away! The product itself is brilliant, you apply the cream and then wash it off after, leaving your face feeling clean and refreshed. The texture of the cream is thick but once on your face it feels fine, and you wash it off after so it shouldn't matter anyway. Although I am not a big fan of this product, my mum has claimed it off me and wants to try it out for herself, so I will keep you updated if she has anything to say.
I will give this product a 4/10, if the scent was fruity I think I would give it more of a chance but for now I will be sticking to the Eye Contouring Cream and handing this Cold Cream over to my mum!
 
Thank you for reading and don't forget to check out the Pond's Institute website where you can find the products I spoke about today: http://global.ponds.com/
 
 Have a great week!
O.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment