Wednesday 28 January 2015

Shu Uemura - Shupette Collection | Silk Cushion Cheek Blush

Ever heard that Karl Lagerfeld has a much loved cat that goes by the name of 'Choupette'? - Neither did I until now.
 
I recently had the chance to try out a makeup product from the new Shu Uemura collection named 'Shupette'. I have heard of the brand Shu Uemura a lot before, however, never really looked into the brand and what they had to offer, until now. .
Shu Uemura have recently done a wonderful collaboration with the one and only Karl Lagerfeld, to come up with a limited edition Holiday makeup collection. I only realised when researching more about the cat theme, that the cat featured in this collection, is indeed Karl Lagerfeld's cat, Choupette.
I saw the collection online by coming across this picture. . .
 

Then when I saw the actual products, I fell in love with the cat theme and absolutely stunning packaging, I had to try out an item from the collection for myself.
 
I tried and tested a blusher which caught my eye immediately, as I have very pale skin, I knew this colour would look amazing on me, without making me look like a clown or human wotsit.
The blusher is in the shade 'Orange', which is a very plain name for such a high end product, however, you don't need a fancy name for this product, the packaging and design is fancy enough.
 
 
 
This Silk Cushion Blush has a very strange texture to say the least, whilst at the same time, a heavenly texture which feels like your stroking Karl Lagerfeld's cat itself. As described on the description from the Shu Uemura website, this blusher is said to have a 'marshmallow-like formula'. When I first saw this product, I thought it was a powder blush, as it looked like powder, but when touching it, it felt more creamy than powdery, sort of a mix in-between the two.
I did try applying this product to my face with an angled cheek brush, yet, it didn't apply whatsoever, not even onto the brush. I ended up using my fingers to apply it and then the brush to blend it in, which worked better.
 
 
I was right by thinking this product would work well with my pale complexion, it worked a treat and will become my new favourite cheek/blush product now. I love wearing bronzer, although with pale skin, it can make me look orange. This product is a lovely light orange tone, giving me a more natural glow, the Shupette Silk Cushion Cheek blush is PURRRRRRRRRRFECT - Thank you KL  !
 
Like to get your hands on this product, or simply browse the new Shupette range, click HERE
 
Thank you for reading.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment