Monday 8 August 2016

Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette | Review

Good morning!

I am very excited to be doing this review today after a month of trying out the new and incredible Jeffree Star Beauty Killer eyeshadow palette.
When Jeffree Star first revealed that he was in the process of creating his first ever eyeshadow palette I knew it would be amazing and very unique to the eyeshadow palettes I already own.
This palette is 'Very Jeffre Star', with bright colours and high pigmentation, this palette is a must have for all makeup lovers.


I promised myself that as soon as this palette came out I would treat myself to one, I am not one to spend a fortune on makeup, however this I feel is a great investment piece. The colours are like no other colours I own, therefore I wanted to splash out on this palette so I had a wide range of colours to experiment with.
This palette cost me $45, I had to order from the US which cost me $10 shipping, I also had a £14 custom fee to pay, so overall this did cost me a bomb but I will most definitely get my moneys worth out of it.


The pan sizes are truly impressive, if you compare the size of these pans to a mac pan they are a lot bigger, therefore there is a ton of product in each pan. I have been using my palette religiously now for just over a month and there is still so much product left.

As for the consistency of these eyeshadows they are very buttery and smooth making them easy to blend. The only bad thing I have to say about these eyeshadows are that they can be a bit powdery which leads to fall out, however a lot of eyeshadows have this problem, its something that can be dealt with. I like the fact this palette also has a decent sized mirror, which makes it a great palette for when I'm on my travels.

The names of these shadows are great, very different and all fun names that make this palette very 'sassy' - just like Jeffree himself!
My favourite shade has to be 'Star Power' which is the first colour, the neon pink shade, the pigment in this shade is unreal, its not normally a colour I would reach for until discovered this palette.

This palette includes:
3 Matte shades
7 Shimmer shades

There are endless looks you can create with this palette, I have been trying to go out of my comfort zone and try more vibrant, dramatic looks and this palette has helped me achieve that.

I created a look to share with you, I kept this look pretty simple to show you that you can create everyday looks as I know dramatic looks aren't for everyone.


I used the shade 'China White' for the base colour, then went in with 'Courtney' for the transition shade to blend out any harsh lines I may create. In the outer corner I used 'Star Power' and as you can see I blended the colour out a lot to create a more neutral pink shade. Lastly I went over the lid with a mixture of 'Confession' and 'Princess' which created a champagne shimmer colour, perfect for everyday or even for a special occasion.


The great thing about this palette also is that I have been using the shade 'Princess' as a highlighter and it works fantastic, this shade is gorgeous on the cheeks therefore your getting two benefits out of this shade.

My overall opinion on this palette is that it is a fab investment piece that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a high quality eyeshadow palette with a vide variety of shades.
100% worth the crazy amount of money I paid, I would rather spend more money and get a top quality palette than spend less and waste my money on a palette that is of a poor quality.

If you would like to check out this palette, please click HERE to be taken to the official Jeffree Star website where you can find and purchase this lush eyeshadow palette for yourself.

I hope you all have a fab week.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment